Seven principles to understanding the true spiritual foundations of America as believed by the founders.
- The Constitution and the idea that America was designed for a virtuous, religious (spiritual), and enlightened people, because only such a people could be strong enough, good enough, and wise enough to be self-governed and live in true freedom.
- Since God is the creator, giver and sustainer of all life, it is impossible to govern a nation’s people without His aid.
- Nations and leaders owe God allegiance and reverence.
- God superintends in the affairs of men and nations, and the outcome of events on earth are subject ultimately to His prevailing power and will.
- God’s hand moves on behalf of the individual and nation according to the faith and right conduct of the people, (or at least when a collective body stands in the gap for the rest of the people).
- A pure form of Christianity, freely practiced by the people was considered to be the single greatest factor in ensuring a positive, safe, social order, as well as safeguarding natural freedoms.
- Man has been given free will and that free will can be used for good or evil, blessing or curse—all of which he will be accountable for.